Kooima Ag® Trner® Composters
KOOIMA AG® TRNER® COMPOSTER
At Kooima Ag, our focus is helping friends farm better by creating new products that help in everyday operations. Our high-capacity compost windrow turner, the Trner Composter, has many features and advantages that make it stand out against the competition.
Proudly made in the USA, the Trner Composter has a tough, box design. This heavy-duty design is built to handle tough materials and is proven in harsh conditions! We tested the Trner Composter against competitors and found, in most cases, the Kooima Ag turner was able to process significantly higher tons of raw material. The Trner Composter is typically used for manure and larger compost materials. We have also used the Trner Composter for animal mortality composting (see tips below).
The Trner Composter has a higher clearance making it more suitable for larger piles. The turner's hydraulically driven wheel offers more speed and traction. There is a 3" diameter through shaft on the drum, adding more rigidity and throughput. This drum is designed to throw material back farther with less horsepower. The Trner Composter is road towable with a tongue that easily pivots for transportation. Our patented paddle design (U.S. Patent # 10,617,061; CAN. Patent # 3,020,147) helps incorporate more oxygen into the pile. It's easy to service and has the lowest operation cost per ton!
KOOIMA AG® SKID TRNER® COMPOSTER
The CT0800 Trner Composter is designed to be used on most skid loaders and wheel loaders. This composter is used to turn a variety of materials into nutrient-rich, value-added compost. The Skid Trner® is typically used for composting grass, leaves, mulch, and manure.
The skid trner composter hooks up to the skid loader without needing any modifications. Simply, latch the composter to the skid loader, hook up the hydraulic hoses and you are ready to start working. A heavy-duty 3" diameter center tube allows for more rigidity and throughput coupled with a patented paddle design ensuring a complete mix and aeration of material. Our patented paddle design (U.S. Patent # 10,617,061; CAN. Patent # 3,020,147) helps incorporate more oxygen into the pile.
US Patent 11,753,351 & 10,617,061 Canada Patent 3,020,147
BENEFITS OF COMPOST
- Cost efficient - Less material to haul (in most cases over 50% less than raw material)
- Better fertilizer - Compost feeds the soil and improves moisture retention. (Especially useful in sandy soils)
- Weed seed control - Composted material naturally breaks down unwanted weed seed and pathogens.
- Creates more worm activity - Composted material creates a more beneficial environment for worm propagation reducing soil compaction
- Easy to spread - With less moisture composted material is easier to spread and can be done year round.
- Less hauling restrictions - Composted material is a fertilizer with less restrictions compared to transporting a raw product.
- Increased soil productivity - Composted material encourages the slow release of nitrogen and lowers the carbon to nitrogen ratio making nitrogen more available to plants.
- Larger harvest - Compost creates more tons/bushels per acre compared to commercial fertilizers
TRNER® COMPOSTER VIDEOS
CHECK THIS FOR TIPS ON MORTALITY COMPOSTINGField tips for successful composting
CHECK THIS FOR THE USDA COMPOSTING PROTOCOL
Article from the U.S. Department of AgricultureUSDA Mortality Composting Protocol